Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Missing Rainbow Hair

. It was a dark and cloudy night. There stood a large hill in the middle of Witch Forest. On the tip of the hill stood a dark blue house looking as if it were going to topple down into the forest. In the house, there was a neon green room behind a light purple window. Inside there were splendid colored glass decorations, but in the center of the magnificent room was a witch stirring a humungous black cauldron with an extremely long wooden stick. Suddenly, she realized she was missing the key ingredient! Her name was Sabrina.
Sabrina wasn’t a bad witch. She had silky blonde hair and smooth tan skin. Her smooth skin was mostly because she had a glass of Wartfree Potion every day, but she couldn’t find any fresh hair, rainbow hair, from a susny. She had to find susny but they were unbelievably hard to find.
. It was extraordinarily cold out so Sabrina changed into boots, heavy wool robes, a heavy wool hat, and put on a neon yellow jacket because that’s what witches wore when they wanted animals to help them find something. She pocketed a little food and went into the cloudy night.
. When Sabrina was at the foot of the hill she got confused. She saw rainbow hair but it was going in two directions. Suddenly, a giant furry white susny appeared out of nowhere. It was half cheetah and half pig. Her name was Rousy. Rousy roared loudly at Sabrina but Sabrina just stood there.
. "Hello Roudy! How are you today?" asked Sabrina.
. "Oh! It’s you, Sabria," exclaimed Rousy joyfully. "I thought you were a silno. They’ve been killing susny cubs by the thousands."
. "Sorry to hear that," said Sabrina. "Have they killed any of your cubs?"
. "No, but they made half my thousand so ill and weak that they won’t be able to survive in the wild. Not even with my husband and me to protect them. They won’t even eat or drink! If they stay here, they’ll die for sure! I want to do everything I can to give them a long and happy life. Even if it means I can never see them again! Since nothing and no one can go up your hill except for you, would I be asking too much to ask you to keep them?"
. "Of course you wouldn’t be!" exclaimed Sabrina. "I’ll take care of them."
She took out a large bag. Rousy put five hundred cubs in.
. "I was wondering," said Sabrina, "which track of rainbow hair is more fresh?"
. After approximately five minutes, Rousy said the right ones were. They thanked each other and went on.
. After a while, she met up with her two sisters and brother. Sabrina’s sisters names were Sweety and Sweet Tooth. They were identical to Sabrina. They were triplets. Her brother’s name was Shoutout. He had dark brown hair and freckles. Shoutout raised a bow and arrow but Sabrina didn’t budge.
. "Hello Shoutout!" exclaimed Sabrina cheerfully.
. "Oh! It’s you, Sabrina!" replied Shoutout gleefully. "You never can be too safe around here anymore."
. "Anyway," interrupted Sweety, "you look like you’re starving. Here, have some food."
. "I made candy corn a few minutes ago so they’re still warm, and I know they’re your favorite," added Sweet Tooth, who was named that for a reason. "We brought two extra barrels, but gave one to Dad; that means you can have one."
. "Thanks!" said Sabrina. "By the way, do you have any susny food?"
. "Here," answered Shoutout. "Before you go, we found Screechy, the bat and –"
. "I got to go," announced Sabrina. "I just saw a susny on the top of the largest Civilized Tree. Bye."
. Sabrina finally got the hair. She started heading home. On the way, a kitten followed her from the half way point and, since she wanted a black kitten, she carried the kitten up the hill.
. When Sabrina added the hair, the cauldron foamed and made a pop noise because the rainbow hair was fresh. While Sabrina was getting a cup, the potion disappeared and made everything in the house wart-free.

[I remember that I had a lot of fun with this assignment. I took my creativity to the next level, again, and definitely did not have any problems with descriptive stamina. The leap from being a 3rd grade "lower grader" to being an "upper grader" in 4th was a big change. I was more stable since there were fewer changes going on and I could, and did, succumb to the urge to find an outlet for my creativity. That proved to be enormously critical in my future writing since I relied, and still rely, on my creativity to make boring facts seem more exciting to both the readers of my papers as well to myself.]

No comments: